Friday, June 12, 2009

Finally A Brooch (And Great Times)

Remember these little embroidery pieces I made using Urban Threads patterns? I finally made the cherry one into a brooch. I gave the clover to a friend.
*
Skully Cherry Brooch
*
It has two layers of cotton fabric with some padding in between them. Not to mention some lovely sequins and some matt&clear beads for that special something-something. Simple and cute (kinda like me..)
*
Oh and I have to tell you about my last weekend. It was one of the best (if not THE best) weekend I've ever had. Austin Lucas and Mike Hale had a show here in Jyväskylä. I went, listened to great music (obviously) and somehow me and my friend ended up going with them to Tampere the next day. Great guys, great music. Fun times. Always great to meet new people. The obligatory groupie-esque photo of me and Austin:
*
Me and Austin
*

2 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

Awww, cute picture! And I love the brooch, you're the queen of cool embroidery!

Rachel said...

Great minds think alike! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23113922

The sequins are very cute :)