Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Recycled Zipper

Zipper Brooches
*
I had to change a zipper to my winter jacket, 'cos the old one was broken. And I don't want to throw anything out, so... Not to mention that sewing on the new zipper turned out to be a bit more difficult than I thought. So I had to find something else to do before I try it again.
*
Yep, just plain black brooches. I usually like to keep things simple. I know it's not a new idea, but it's always nice to make your own version of the classics.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

how cute! and i've been liking the comic strip as a backdrop lately :)

torrance said...

haha, it's the only pretty thing in my apartment to use as a background for photos

Brook said...

Cute! I've been wanting to make one of these out of metal zippers!

Sanna said...

hih. kaveri oli bongannu sun lankakerätatuointis perjantain ilokives ja äsken bongasin ruusukkeet piffiltä. pien internet ja sen ympäristö

torrance said...

^joo pien on maailma. nyt kävi kyllä mietityttämään, että kuka tää siun kaveris on...

sewitsforyou said...

what a cool idea...I am going to have to try and make these.

Miiruska said...

Nää on ihania, pitäiskin kokeilla joskus =)