Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sublime Brooches

Sublime Brooches
*
In my last post I said I might make some embroidery pieces using sublime stitching patterns into brooches. So that's what I did. My favourite is the sparrow, probably cos it's the only one I bothered to satin stitch.
*
All my bigger knitting projects seem to be hibernating, so I started a new small one.
*
Grey Cable Mittens
*
I wanted to do some cables, plus I needed mittens. There the simple math behind these. But after putting them on I realized they look more like they should be my mom's, so I'll give them to her. She has a birthday next month, and I'm thinking of making her a few pairs of socks too, 'cos she' always asking me to knit socks for her.

4 comments:

Katie Kutthroat said...

the knitting basket is adorable!

Jenny S said...

Those brooches came out fantastic! I really love the diamond one from the last post!! xo

Rachel said...

i love all those cute little brooches you've been doing..and those mittens are awesome!

Brook said...

cute!!!!